1. The enrolment /continued enrolment of the student in the course(s) indicated on the registration / renewal form (the registered course(s) shall be conditional upon , inter alia:
- Purchase of the Sigaram books for the registered course(s) are compulsoryand other worksheets/ books given by the student are not used by our tutors to coach in the class, material fee’s are extra collected as and when required to coach the students as per the current MOE syllabus;
- Advance payment of the monthly course fee(s) for all the registered course(s) before the last day of each calendar month.Eg. To continue with the Feb class, fees should be paid on or before 31st Jan for Feb month without any reminder. Late payment of fee $10/- charged, if received after the stipulated date.
2. Tutor/Student should be provided with the condusive environment with comfortable table/chair to sit and teach in a separate room. Should not be asked to sit in the common area or living ground / sharing room with others for the 2 hours and should be treated with respect and courtesy since they are the staffs of our centre.
3. Students progress can be checked with the tutors when the tutors comes to the students place. Regarding the Fees, informing the cancellation of class slot changes during the Jan month after the school reopens need to be settled with the wordsmith officer-in charge. Tutors coming under company are not requested to give private tutoring without the company’s knowledge, if anything found out, is against our policies and considered to be illegal action. Wordsmith reserves the right to stop the tuition service immediately, strict action will be taken.
4. Now withstanding anything in these terms , the student is not entitled to receive any materials for any classes which he or she paid for. In the event that the student is registered for any of the registered course(s) after an academic yearhas begun, the student shall be entitled to receive worksheets only from the date on which he or she begins attending the registered course(s).
5. Classes will not be held on eve of New year /Deepavali and any other public holidays which may be gazetted by the Government of the Singapore from time to time.No make-up classes will bescheduled, and no refund of course fees will be given in lieu of any classes which would otherwise have been held on the aforementioned days.
6. Fee’s should be paid upfront Wordsmith shall not be obliged to refund any part of the monthly course fees in the event that the student does not want to attend any scheduled slot in the registered courses for any reason whatsoever. If the student is not feeling well / have important school activity, need to send MC / school letter in email or screenshot to officer-in-charge to arrange for replacement slot as per the tutor convenience. No make-up classes, if the student missed the class due to any reason but the worksheet on the request will be passed to him or her to finish and submit to the tutor.No Pro-rated fees during school holidays will be accepted. Tutors slots will be full and we are not in the position to provide a makeup class.
7. Our fees are based on 4 classes per month normally, if there is 5th class comes in any month ,additional pro-rated charges will be collected forthat particular monthalong with the monthly fees before the start of the month.
8. A written notice of withdrawal must be given at least one calendar month of the student’s withdrawal from any of the registered course(s). In the event that less than one calendar month notice is given, wordsmith shall not be obliged to refund any part of the fee’s paid.
9. In the event that a parent decides to withdraw a student (regardless of reasons) before the registered course(s) commence(s) or want another new slot instead of the fixed/agreed one between the centre and parent, the fees paid will be forfeited. The one calendar month written notice in clause 7 will not be applicable in this instance.
10. Unless otherwise stated, all monies paid are non-refundable and non-transferable to another student, regardless of whether the registered course(s) has/have commenced.