1. The enrolment /continued enrolment of the student in the course(s) indicated on the registration / renewal form (the registered course(s) shall be conditional upon , inter alia:
- Purchase of the Sigaram books for the registered course(s) are compulsory and other worksheets/ books
given by the student are not used by our tutors to coach in the class, material fee’s are extra collected as and
when required to coach the students as per the current MOE syllabus;
- Advance payment of the monthly course fee(s) for all the registered course(s) before the last day of each
calendar month. Eg. To continue with the Feb class, fees should be paid on or before 31st Jan for Feb month
without any reminder. Late payment of fee $10/- charged everyday, if received after the stipulated date.
2. Tutor/Student should be provided with the condusive environment with comfortable table / chair to sit and
teach in a separate room. Should not be asked to sit in the common area or living ground / sharing room
with others for the agreed hours not accepted and tutor should be treated with respect and courtesy since
they are the staffs of our centre.
3. Students progress can be checked with the tutors when the tutors comes to the students place. Regarding
the Fees, request for slot time changes need to be settled with the wordsmith management-in charge. Don’t
ask for tutors personal contact number, Tutors coming under company are not requested to give private
tutoring without the company’s knowledge, so don’t convince them to do that, is against our policies and
considered to be illegal action. Wordsmith reserves the right to stop the tuition service immediately if found
during the checking process, strict action will be taken.
4. Now withstanding anything in these terms , the student is not entitled to receive any materials for any classes
which he or she paid for. In the event that the student is registered for any of the registered course(s) after an
academic year has begun, the student shall be entitled to receive worksheets only from the date on which he
or she begins attending the registered course(s).
5. Classes will not be held on eve of New year / Deepavali and any other public holidays which may be gazetted
by the Government of the Singapore from time to time. No make-up classes will be scheduled, and no refund
of course fees will be given in lieu of any classes which would otherwise have been held on the school term
6. Fee’s should be paid upfront Wordsmith shall not be obliged to refund any part of the monthly course fees in
the event that the student does not want to attend any scheduled slot in the registered courses for any reason
7. School term days - If the student is not feeling well / have important school activity, need to send MC / school
letter in email or screenshot to management-in-charge to arrange for replacement slot. No cancellation of
class accepted and paying pro-rated fees accepted.
No make-up classes, if the student missed the class due to any other reasons other than above mentioned
but the homework will be passed to him or her to finish and submit to the tutor for the next class in whatsapp
from the office handphone.
School Holidays - No Pro-rated fees during Mar / June / Sep / Nov / Dec school holidays will be accepted, no
makeup classes can be arranged, since tutor slots will be full with other running classes. Homework can be
checked with tutor and done when miss a class to go through in the next consecutive class. No breaking of
class inbetween months allowed from Jan to Nov - school curriculum period. Dec month have the option to
take a break, by giving one month notice period by submitting withdrawal form and can rejoin in Jan, if student
want to continue for next level.
8. Our fees are based on 4 classes per month normally, if there is 5th class comes in any month , additional prorated
charges will be collected for that particular month along with the monthly fees before the start of the
9. A written notice of withdrawal must be given at least one calendar month of the student’s withdrawal from any
of the registered course(s). In the event that less than one calendar month notice is given, wordsmith shall
not be obliged to refund any part of the fee’s paid.
10. In the event that a parent decides to withdraw a student (regardless of reasons) before the registered course(s)
commence(s) or want another new slot instead of the fixed/agreed one between the centre and parent, the
fees paid will be forfeited. The one calendar month written notice in clause 8 will not be applicable in this
11. Unless otherwise stated, all monies paid are non-refundable and non-transferable to another student,
regardless of whether the registered course(s) has/have commenced.