2. The enrolment /continued enrolment of the student in the course(s) indicated on the registration / renewal form (the registered course(s) shall be conditional upon , inter alia:
- Purchase of the prescribed books for the registered course(s) (if applicable); and
- Advance payment of the monthly course fee(s) for all the registered course(s) on the last day of each calendar month. Late charges of SGD 10/- will be levied for all the payment received after that.
3. Now withstanding anything in these terms , the student is not entitled to receive any materials for any classes which he or she paid for. In the event that the student is registered for any of the registered course(s) after an academic yearhas begun, the student shall be entitled to receive worksheets only from the date on which he or she begins attending the registered course(s).
4. Classes will not be held on the eve of Chinese new year, the eve of Hari Raya Puasa, the eve of Deepavali and any other public holidays which may be gazetted by the Government of the Singapore from time to time.No make-up classes will bescheduled, and no refund of course fees will be given in lieu of any classes which would otherwise have been held on the aforementioned days. Additional homeworks given during those weeks and go through it in the immediate next class.
5. Wordsmith shall not be obliged to refund any part of the monthly course fees in the event that the student fails to attend any class in the registered courses for any reason whatsoever. Subject to these general terms and in the event that the student does not turn up for classes and the fees for that month remain unpaid, the deposit shall be used to settle the unpaid fees.
6. No make-up classes, if the student missed the class due to any reasons, ask a friend and finish the homework given before coming for the next class. No Pro-rated fees during school holidays will be accepted.
7. Fee’s for 4 classes per monthnormally will be collected. If there is 5th class comes in any month , there will be additionalfee’s for that month alone, which will be intimated to the parents through message to their mobile.
8. Withdrawal form online must be requested and submitted at least one calendar monthbefore the student’s withdrawal for any of the registered course(s) and if there is any deposit collected shall be used to offset the course fees due for the relevant notice period. Last class of the student will be intimated after the receipt of the withdrawal form.In the event that less than one calendar month notice is given, wordsmith shall not be obliged to refund any part of the deposit, if collected by the centre. Deposit given or not does not affect the one month notice period, one month notice period is mandatory need to given by all the students before withdrawal from the course.
9. In the event that a parent decides to withdraw a student (regardless of reasons) before the registered course(s) commence(s), the deposit, if any will be forfeited. The one calendar month written notice in clause 8 will not be applicable in this instance.
10. Unless otherwise stated, all monies paid are non-refundable and non-transferable to another student, regardless of whether the registered course(s) has/have commenced.
11. Based on the performance of the student, will be transferred to different types of class as One to One / Small Group / Group Class etc. after discussion with the parent for the benefit of student. Fee’s adjustments / class timing will be adjusted as per the student / tutor time availability after approval from the parent.